Experienced Worker Test
N010 – TELEHANDLER
Certificate valid for 5 years
NPORS Telescopic Handler (N010) Course Content
To provide knowledge and understanding in the following areas:
- Have a basic understanding of the industry, the dangers of working in the industry and their responsibilities as a plant operator
- Have a working knowledge of the manufacturer’s handbook for the particular machine to be used and other relevant sources of information
- Be able to locate and identify the major components of the machine and explain their functions
- Be able to locate and identify steering, driving and braking controls and explain their functions
- Conduct all pre-operational checks in accordance with manufacturer’s and legislative requirements
- Safely mount and dismount the machine
- Start and stop the engine and safely move the machine off and stop it safely
- Configure the machine for travel and manoeuvre it safely laden and unladen, over varying terrain, rough ground, inclines, in open and confined areas
- Conduct all necessary safety checks at the work area
- Manoeuvre the machine to the work area and correctly configure in readiness to carry out lifting and load handling tasks
- Carry out lifting and load handling tasks
- Lift and transfer loads accurately and safely at different locations
- Load and unload external transport safely
- Fit, adjust and or remove attachments
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of loading and unloading procedures for machine transportation
- Carry out all end of shift and shut down procedures
For learners applying for the NPORS CSCS Card, or for those requiring the ‘HS&E TESTED Logo’ displayed on their card they must have passed the CITB Operatives Health, Safety and Environment Test within the last 2 years.
Good understanding of spoken and written English.
NPORS Theory assessment made up of open questions and multiple choice.
NPORS Practical assessment.
Who should attend
We will conduct a learner analysis to identify the duration of telehandler training required for those with limited or no experience, whereas experienced operators can attend a one day Experienced Worker Assessment (Test Only).
To cancel or rebook, notify at least 24 hours before.