Experienced Worker Test
N214 – ROAD ROLLER
Certificate valid for 5 years
NPORS Ride on Roller (N214) Course Content
To provide knowledge and understanding in the following areas:
- Have a basic understanding of the industry, the dangers of working in the industry and their responsibilities as an operator
- Have a working knowledge of the manufacturer’s handbook for the particular machine to be used
- Be able to locate and identify the major components of the machine and explain their functions
- Be able to locate and identify key controls and explain their functions
- Conduct all pre-operational checks in accordance with manufacturer’s and legislative requirements
- Identify and maintain PPE appropriate for roller use
- Prepare the roller for use and operate machinery safely and efficiently
- Conduct all necessary safety checks at the work area
- Operate machinery safely and efficiently
Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of loading and unloading procedures for machine
Carry out all end of shift and shut down procedures
For learners applying for the NPORS CSCS Card, or for those requiring the ‘HS&E TESTED Logo’ displayed on their card they must have passed the CITB Operatives Health, Safety and Environment Test within the last 2 years.
Good understanding of spoken and written English.
NPORS Theory assessment made up of open questions and multiple choice.
NPORS Practical assessment.
Who should attend
We will conduct a learner analysis to identify the duration of training required for those with limited or no experience, whereas experienced operators can attend a one day Experienced Worker Assessment (Test Only).
To cancel or rebook, notify at least 24 hours before.